A tree, correctly planted and cared for, can add sizable value to your home. In a study done by the US Forest Service, trees were found to increase property values in three key areas:
- Neighborhood street trees increased sales prices by an average of $8,870
- A tree in the front of a house increased the sale price by an average of $7,130
- Trees in a neighborhood produced quicker sales, reducing time on the market
- A mature, well-cared for tree can add the equivalent value of an extra bedroom to a home’s value
Urban Trees Need Proper Care
Trees are an investment that can have many returns. But, like any venture, thoughtful management is needed to reap the rewards.
At Tree Shepherds, “We Care for Your Trees” is not just a catchy motto. Correct trimming techniques, while important, are only one aspect of our approach to Plant Health Care (PHC). Trees in an urban environment need specific care to survive, thrive, and grow to maturity.
How to Help Your Trees Grow to Maturity
Consulting with an ISA Certified Arborist can help you assess the specific needs of your tree. The education and training of an ISA Certified Arborist enable them to lay out a PHC program that will protect your investment and ensure the growth of your property’s value.
Plant Health Care services provided by Tree Shepherds:
- New tree assessment
- Tree fertilization
- Soil assessment
- Insect and disease management
- Root flare excavation
If you’re interested in learning more about our Plant Health Care services, please contact us to set up an appointment with one of our PHC arborists.